EventsERROR: (#10) This endpoint requires the 'manage_pages' or 'pages_read_engagement' permission or the 'Page Public Content Access' feature. Refer to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/login-permissions#manage-pages and https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/feature#reference-PAGES_ACCESS for details.There are no upcoming events
Sustainability is about achieving balance between what we need and the resources we use to fulfil them. If we use more resources than we can produce, things are headed in the wrong direction. Sustainability is something we can aim to improve upon every day.
Here is a great video explaining sustainability:
The aim of SNWL is to help people, business and organisations in our region achieve greater sustainability through education and networking.
Join our mailing list to receive our monthly newsletter for more tips and sustainable projects in our region.
Top 22 Sustainable Tips
There are lots of easy ways to save energy, improve the environment and have a healthier life. Get started now with these simple ideas:
- Turn off the lights and also the TV at the wall – not just on standby.
- Keep hens for eggs, grow your own herbs and vegetables. They’re always fresh, so they taste better.
- Recycle everything you can at home, work and out-and-about.
- Start a compost bin – great for those herbs and veggies you just started growing!
- Exchange produce with neighbours and work colleagues
- Close curtains in the daytime to keep the hot sun out. Open them in the evening to let radiant heat in.
- Wet veranda concrete and open doors and windows in the evening to provide cooling breeze.
- Toughen up. Avoid using air conditioners. A slow moving fan can work wonders.
- Open north facing windows to let sunshine warm the house.
- Put on a jumper to stay warm.
- Toughen up. Get less reliant on heating.
- Include carbon emissions in your decision making for transport requirements, especially cars.
- Ride a bike.
- Try public transport.
- Car pool with your neighbours.
- Plant a tree.
- Join your Local Landcare or Gardening Group.
- Go for a walk in your local National Park or natural area.
- Improve yourself. Learn more about biodiversity in your own area.
- Read more about how you can help the planet. Google it.
- Write to your local members, the Premier and Prime Minister. Tell them how you feel.
- Check out more activities and ideas with Sustainable North West.