This quick and easy recipe can make use of your veggie patch and chook eggs, and your local cheesemaker! For vegetarians, Balsamic Vinegar makes a wonderful replacement for bacon!
- 375g freshly picked zucchini, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 fresh eggs
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of grated mild cheese
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 200g rindless bacon, chopped
- Large splash of Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, add the flour and beat until smooth.
- Add either the bacon or balsamic vinegar.
- Add the zucchini, onion, cheese and oil and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through. The top should begin to show a lovely golden colour!